Sat, 21 Mar|
The Dog Who Barks At Dogs or People
Does your dog bark at other dogs or people? Perhaps out of excitement, frustration, fear, or maybe you don't know why? We'll diagnose your dog's barking problem, and provide simple solutions to help you to regain control and understanding
Time & Location
21 Mar 2020, 12:00 – 15:00
Ewhurst, Ewhurst, Cranleigh GU6, UK
About the event
SOLD OUT! Waiting list open! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified of cancellations
The Dog Who Barks at Dogs or People
This workshop will help you to understand the ins and outs of your dog's reactive behaviour, and show you simple and straight-forward training exercises that will help you to regain control and give you a greater understanding of your dog's behaviour
- Dog body language - diagnosing and understanding why your dog barks at other dogs
- The other end of the lead - understanding how you influence your dog's behaviour through the lead
- Lead handling skills - learn how to reduce tension on your lead, to reduce lunging and barking
- Simple cues - easy obedience exercises to help you to re-gain control at a critical moment
- Emotions - learn how to change your dog's negative emotional response to a more positive one
- Arousal - learn how to manage and control your dog's arousal levels so that he can make better choices
- Relationship - learn key skills to improve your relationship with your dog, and build trust
Put all of the above together, and you'll have a much greater understanding of your dog's reactivity and how to work within your dog's limitations and make improvements to his behaviour.
This is an outdoor workshop, but due to the nature of the dogs attending, you must be prepared to leave your dog's in your car for short periods. You will learn with your dog, but also from watching others. It is not safe, or practical to have a group of reactive dogs out training at the same time, nor is it productive for your dog's progress.
The workshop is running on Saturday 21st March 12pm to 3pm at a private, secure field in Ewhurst, Surrey.
There will be 5 dog spaces available (bring as many handlers as you like in one car), and 4 spectator spaces available without dogs.
Handler space with dog: £120 - Maximum 4 dogs
Non handler space: £50 - Maximum 2 Non handler places - come and watch Mike work with dogs, but leave your dog at home
Watch this video to see the reactive dogs we help via our Intensive Training : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AKbhs1oqok