Reactivity Workshop 2 hours
Time & Location
About the Event
Dog Reactivity Workshop with Mike Newland
Saturday 11th July 9.30am to 11.30am. Maximum of 4 dogs and 1 handler per dog.
Perfect if you'd like practical support with your dog's reactivity in a controlled environment.
We recommend that you work your way through some of the videos in our Online Reactivity Clinic prior to attending (included as part of the cost of the workshop) - Request to join the clinic when you sign up: https://www.facebook.com/groups/739352936873482/
We'll help you to improve your handling skills, teach you how to read your dog's body language, improve your timing and suggest alternative methods where needed. You'll have the opportunity to train with your dog around their triggers.
This workshop will work through
- Diagnosing the reason for your dog's reactivity
- Teaching you how to read your dog's body language
- Understanding which method to use and when with your individual dog
- Working with your dog around their triggers
- Showing you how to use counter conditioning and desensitisation
- Teach your dog coping strategies to reduce the intensity and frequency of your dog's reactivity
- Learn handling skills to reduce lead tension
- Practising the training exercises around dogs/people
For this workshop, we work with 1 dog at a time initially and rotate, and may progress to more depending on the dogs who attend. You will learn not only from working with your own dogs, but also by watching others work with theirs.
You must be prepared for your dog to stay in the car for short periods (so a secure car with a crate is ideal). The car park is next to the training field, so your car will be visible at all times.
- Sold OutReactivity Workshop 11th July£100£1000£0