Sat, 25 Jul|
Merrist Wood College
Practical Social Skills Workshop
Perfect for the over friendly dog! Does your dog jump up at visitors or people out and about? Does your dog greet other dogs inappropriately? Do you have a hard time pulling your dog away from greeting a dog or person?
Time & Location
25 Jul 2020, 09:30 – 10:30
Merrist Wood College, Worplesdon, Guildford GU3 3PE, UK
About the event
Practical Social Skills with Mike Newland
Sat 25th July 09:30am to 10.30am at Merrist Wood College Guildford
Perfect for the over friendly dog who wants to say hi to everyone!
Does your dog jump up at visitors or people out and about? Does your dog greet other dogs inappropriately? Do you struggle to pull your dog away from a dog/person? Do you want to improve your dog's social manners? Do you want your walks to be more enjoyable and stress free?
- Dog body language - learn how to read your dog's body language
- Teach your dog how to greet people without jumping or mouthing
- Teach essential skills for having a calmer dog around visitors
- Teach your dog how to greet other dogs without conflict
- Learn how problematic behaviours develop and how to prevent them
- Teach your dog simple cues for permission to greet, and to come away
- Learn how to manage and control your dog's arousal so that he makes better choices
This workshop is for friendly dogs only. If you dog has reactivity issues, please take a look at our Reactivity Workshop
Starts Saturday 25th July.
Price is £39.99 per dog
Spaces limited to 8 dogs
This workshop is NOT suitable for reactive dogs, dogs who bark in a group setup or nervous dogs who are uncomfortable around dogs and people. UNLESS you feel confident that your dog will not bark throughout the whole class
Practical Social Skills£39.99