Sat, 27 Apr|
Merrist Wood College
Friendly Dog Social Skills Workshop
Teaching your over friendly dog social skills around other dogs and people, teaching them to be more neutral and responsive
Time & Location
27 Apr 2024, 09:00 – 11:00
Merrist Wood College, Worplesdon, Guildford GU3 3PE, UK
About the event
Friendly Dog Social Skills Workshop with Mike Newland
Open to puppies & adult dogs
Date: Saturday 27th April 9am to 11am
Location: Merrist Wood College, Worplesdon, Guildford
Does your dog run off to greet other dogs and struggle to come away when you call them? Or get excited meeting people?
If you answered yes to the above, chances are your dog is over socialised!
A well socialised dog is one who is neutral towards dogs/people, neither over excited or afraid of them and able to ignore them, readily able to engage with their owners and enjoy their walks with their family.
If you want a dog who can greet other dogs/people politely and move on when asked, this is the workshop for you
- Wait for permission to greet people/dogs
- Come away from greetings on cue
- Respond to a Leave it cue to learn to ignore dogs/people
- Teaching the Middle cue as a safe space to avoid certain interactions
- Counter conditioning exercises to change your dog's emotional response
- Discussion about socialisation - do's and don'ts
Not suitable for dogs with reactivity issues (barking due to fear, or dogs with a bite history. If your dog barks from excitement because they want to play, we can work on this through the workshop). Join our Nosework Workshop to improve reactivity issues.
- Ticket type
Dog Social Skills WorkshopPriceFrom £74.99 to £84.99
- Online Academy Member Price£74.99
- Non member place£84.99