BRAVE - confidence boost & socialisation
Time & Location
About the Event
Would you like your puppy to grow into a confident adult dog? Or do you have an adult dog who lacks confidence who you'd like to be happier and more confident?
If your puppy is unsure of new situations, shys away from strangers or other dogs, avoids traffic, is scared of the vets or is worried by the environment out on walks, then this workshop is for you!
IIf you have an adult dog who lacks confidence around dogs/people, finds the environment stressful (especially when its busy), is spooked by sudden noises/people entering the environment, struggles with being handled/groomed etc, then come and join us.
In this mini workshop, we explore training techniques that you can easily continue at home
We'll be covering a variety of exercises that you can easily replicate at home to continue building your dogs confidence, such as:
- Exploring novelty such as different surfaces that make noise, wobble, move etc
- Paws up - teaching your dog to put his paws up on various surfaces on cue
- Fun exercises to promote body awareness
- Middle - the portable safe place
- Engage-disengage exercises to change emotional responses to triggers in the environment
- Handling exercises to help your dog to release stress/tension
- Reading body language
- Promoting low arousal to aid better choices